Feature Friday #52: Signed copy of Adrianna Steele-Card’s “For the Young at Heart”
Today’s donation is our second book, and it’s up for auction! Like our first book, this comes from mother tongue books, an independent bookstore here in Ottawa.
Today’s feature is a copy of Adrianna Art: For the Young at Heart, a 32-page soft cover book that features whimsical poems and lush collages by Adrianna Steele-Card:
This would be a terrific addition to any child’s library!
**LET’S GET DOWN TO BIDNESS**
We suggest a starting bid of $12 Canadian (the book on its own retails at $11.95 in stores).
Anyone want to snag the first bid?
To do so and/or to make further bids on this book, simply leave a comment on this post with the amount you wish to bid (making sure to include an email address for us to contact you in case you win the auction.)
Once the first bid has been made, every new bid must be for a minimum increased increment of $2.00.
mother tongue books is a local independent book store in old Ottawa South that’s been around 17 years. It carries books ranging from Canadian and international fiction, textbooks, cultural theory, First Nations writings, kid’s, spirituality, self-help, parenting, health and sexuality.
Owned by Evelyn Huer and Laura Rayner, they have created a welcoming place that is closely connected to the community. They also often host poetry readings and book launches. Laura and Evelyn were recently made honorary members of the League of Canadian poets.
Auction nitty gritty:
- All dollar amounts are in Canadian funds.
- 100% of the winning bid will be donated to the Canadian Cancer Society.
- In the case where more than one person happens to makes the same bid amount at the exact same date/time, we will honour the bid that appears first in the comment section.
- The auction will close at 11:59 p.m. EST next Friday, September 23, 2011 with the highest bid as the winner. Payment must be made in one of two ways: 1) through our PayPal account as a direct payment, or 2) as a direct donation through our CCS team page.
- The winner must make payment within 48 hours of being notified by us that they won the auction; otherwise the next highest bidder will be contacted to redeem the prize.
- This auction is open to anyone in the world. We will cover shipping and handling to get the book to the winner.
A huge grateful thank you Laura and Evelyn for their generosity, and again to Adele for arranging this donation.
Thanks also to Serena for continuing to run things here while I adjust to motherhood. Ryan is now 4 months old and kicking butt… especially at Tummy Time :)
And with that… let the bidding begin!!!